Network management refers to the broad subject of managing computer networks. There exists a wide variety of software and hardware products that help network system administrators manage a network. Network management covers a wide area, including:
Security: Ensuring that the network is protected from unauthorized users.
Performance: Eliminating bottlenecks in the network.
Reliability: Making sure the network is available to users and responding to hardware and software malfunctions.
Strictly speaking, network Management does not include terminal equipment (PCs, workstations, printers, etc.). Rather, it concerns the reliability, efficiency and capacity/capabilities of data transfer channels.
Network management is a broad range of functions including activities, methods, procedures and the use of tools to administrate, operate, and reliably maintain computer network systems.
As an extension from the core of Systems Management, a strong and reliable administration of Computer Data in maintaining its security, digital trustworthy and its productive manipulation is often contributed to explain a Network Management System. These are integrated and collective functions those described as data arrangement activity, its methods, application procedures and tools those are utilized to operate and administrate the sharing and distributing platform that defines a basic Network Management system.
Networking Management System is a very vast and broad concept and GN Infonet have always strived successfully in exploring and adapting the best of current day’s networking technology.
GNI is specialised in handling different networking types used in current day platform listed below, suiting to the customer’s requirement both commercially and technically.
1) A small or personalised Network arrangement (PAN) made of Wireless modem, two or more computers, phones, printer etc. and the client can be a small office or home office managed by a team of 2 to 5 members from a single device.
2) LAN also called as Local Area Networks are the widely used and discussed network type. This type of Network connects group of computers and related networking products together across short distances to share and manage information resources. Mid-size companies or enterprise level typically manage and maintain LANs.
3) WLAN also called as Wireless Area Network which functions like a LAN. WLAN are arranged and integrated by making use of wireless network technology using devices with WiFi Capabilities, Access Points and Wireless Controllers. The infrastructure will not use much of Wires or Cables to connect devices.
4) Larger than LAN and smaller than Metropolitan Area Networks, a Campus Area Networks are widely used in educational campuses universities, collages large schools and production houses. Spread across several buildings those are fairly close to each other, users share resources through this type of networks and GN Infonet can effectively offer and handle such network arrangements.
5) A Wide area network or WAN is a large network arrangement that are integrated over a large-scale geographical area. More than one LAN is considered as a WAN. Smaller group of networks (collection of many LAN Networks) are connected together to form Wide Area Network. By Implementation of WAN Network, computers and users in one location can communicate and share information with other users in different locations. WAN is implemented with a source of public transmission or a private network.
WANs are similar to a banking system, where hundreds of branches in different cities are connected with each other in order to share their official data.
Apart from these types of network services, we can also implement and offer services on Storage Area Networks (SAN) that uses a dedicated high-speed network connecting shared pools of storage devices to server hub. Additionally Enterprise Private Network and Virtual Private Network services (EPN & VPN) are also provided extending a private network across Internet. But establishing a VPN Network, users can access a private network remotely.